How can one grow up in the 1960s and not be taken by technology? My own fascinations – radio and television.
- An Opportunity to Establish a National Broadband Baseline?
- What is to become of AM Broadcasting?
- Question: Should the government delay the digital television transition?
- Lecture Review: The History of Analog Television Broadcasting in Milwaukee
A Smorgasbord (aggregation) of Broadcast Technology reads and products:
- “$100M-plus broadband map runs into cost questions”, Boston Globe, Sept. 12, 2009, Peter Svensson and Joelle Tessler, AP Technology Writers The North Carolina map presented at a National Brodband Initiative workshop seems not to have been available to the writers of the story. This is one of many manifestations of the AP story. To this one I added my comments.
- “The Problem Isn’t Demand, It’s Bandwidth”, RadioWorld, Frank McCoy, September 2, 2009 An interesting argument for over the air radio’s survival – FM at least.
- “Sign Off, and Save Some Money”, RadioWorld, Paul Thurst, August 13, 2009 Why bother contributing to nighttime AM cacophony? Save money and be green too.
- “The FCC’s Broadband Plan: Is the Grass Greener in a “Green Field” or a “Brown Field”?”, TeleComSense.com, Jonathan Lee, July 2, 2009
- “Julius Genachowski Nominated as Next FCC Chairman”, ARRLWeb: ARRL NEWS, March 3, 2009
- “Google to Exit Radio Sales, Sell Automation Business”, Radio World, Feb. 12, 2009
- DTV conversion: “Hawaii Goes First”, TVB Television Broadcast online, Jan. 16, 2009
- “Commission grapples with how to implement ‘analog nightlight’ service”, Broadcast Engineering, Jan. 1, 2009
- “TV Translators Left Behind”, TVB Television Broadcast online, Dec. 3, 2008
- Flyer on Dick Golembiewski’s forthcoming book: Milwaukee Television History: The Analog Years, Dec. 2, 2008
- “White Spaces, Myth or Reality?” by Charles W. Rhode, Nov. 18, 2008
- The Antennas Direct DB2 Multi Directional HDTV Antenna
- “Wilmington DTV Test: Smooth Transition, Less Static”, Sept. 10, 2008
- “Google Launches White Space Broadband Website”, by Karl Bode, Aug. 18, 2008
- “Aluratek’s Big Step in Internet Radio”, Arik Hesseldahl of Business Week, Apr. 29, 2008
- “Google makes radio move, boosts broadcast tools”, Computerworld, Juan Carlos Perez, Apr. 11, 2008
- “Last of VOA’s Wartime Transmitting Stations Goes Dark”, Radio World, by James E. O’Neal, Mar. 1, 2008
- “The ARRL 500-kHz Experiment: WD2XSH”, QST Magazine, July/August 2007
- “Station SAQ Makes UNESCO World Heritage List”, Old Timer’s Bulletin On-line Edition, by Bengt Svensson, 2004 For good background and issues regarding the World Heritage Committee see The Economist, Sept 12, 2009, Vol 392 No 8648, pps. 65-66.